Vastu for Dining Room
The room where all members sit together to eat is the Dining Room. They may eat sitting on the floor or on the dining table. The best place for the dining room is in the west direction of the house. Some other information related to the dining room is as below:
- There should not be any hanging beam or loft over the dining table. If it is there then a false roof should be made to remove its defect.
- A big mirror should be put in front of the dining table, which will show the food in double quantity. It is a belief that this removes any scarcity of food.
- A square or rectangular dining table is auspicious.
- If the dining room has steps then the table should be kept in such a way that it is not in front of them.
- If a fridge is to be kept in the dining room then it should be in the west direction but the hot case should be kept in the southeast direction.
- The crockery Almirah of the dining should be built-in with south or west direction walls, so as they open in north or east direction. These can have sliding doors for security.
- There should be no attached toilet to the Dining Room but a place for washing clothes and utensils can be provided.
- The main door of the house and of the Dining Room should not face each other.
- The Dining Table should not touch the wall or it should not be in folding against the wall.
- Water should be in northeast of the Dining Room.
- Washbasin should not be in the southeast or northwest; it should be on the north or east sides.